Dr. Stachula teaches psychology courses. He is a faculty advisor for the Psychology Club and a member of the American Psychological Association.
Education and Training
- PhD, Ball State University, Counseling Psychology
- MEd, University of Delaware, College Counseling
- BS, St. Joseph's University, Psychology
Areas of Professional Interest
- Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment
- Prevention of Sexual Assault, Rape, and Relationship Violence
- Treatment of Survivors of Sexual Trauma/Abuse
- Couple/Marital and Family Therapy
- Crisis/Trauma Response, Intervention, and Treatment
Whitcomb, H., Clay, H., Horner, E., Stotts, B., Stout, M., & Stachula, J.P., (2009). College Students' Knowledge of and Attitudes Toward Mental Illness. Presented at the 36th Annual ILLOWA Undergraduate Psychology Conference, Galesburg, Illinois.
Simon-Dack, S.L., Williamson, A., Stachula, J.P., & Ashton-Houska, J.A. (2011). Stages of Faculty Development: Bridging the Gap Between Rookie and Veteran. Presented at the 18th Annual Midwest Institute for Students and Teachers of Psychology, Glen Ellyn, Illinois.
Theories of Counseling
Family Systems and Counseling
Introduction to Psychology
American Psychological Association
The Society for Teaching of Psychology
Midwestern Psychological Association
Sigma Xi - Scientific Research Honor Society
Psi Chi - The National Honor Society in Psychology
Lewis Hall 211A
518 W. Locust St.
Davenport, IA 52803