Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education
Teaches Professional Seminar and collaborates in implementing student clinical education placements. Her part time clinical practice focuses on neurological disorders primarily spinal cord injuries, stroke, balance and dizziness disorders, in addition to treating various pediatric disorders.
She evaluates clients during a monthly wheelchair clinic for appropriate seating systems and is certified in lymphedema management.
Download Dr. Ryan's CV (pdf)
Education and Training
- DPT, St. Ambrose University
- BA, St. Ambrose University, Psychology
Research and Scholarship
- Practical Exam Evaluator: Blackhawk College PTA Program, 2012-2013
- Practical Exam Assistant: Northwestern Memorial University PT Program, 2010
- Quality Improvement Project- Cancer Rehab, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, 2010-2011
- Cancer Exercise Specialist, Rocky Mountain Cancer Rehabilitation Institute, 2009
- Quality Improvement Project- Spinal Cord Injury Patient Education, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, 2008-2009
- SCIRehab Project, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, 2007-2009
- Spinal Cord Injury Research and Practice - Wheelchair Skills Lab Assistant, Chicago, IL July, 2008
- Return to Rehab - Gait Lab Assistant & Transfer Training Lab Assistant, Chicago, IL June, 2006
Ryan KS, Gait Speed and Outcome Measures, Illini Outpatient Rehabilitation, Silvis, IL, January, 2013
Anderson KD, Acuff ME, Arp BG, et al (2011). United States (US) multi-center study to assess the validity and reliability of the Spinal Cord Independence Measure (SCIM III). Spinal Cord. Aug;49(8):880-5.
Ryan KS, Chemotherapy Induced Peripheral Neuropathy, Blessing Hospital, Quincy, IL March, 2010.
Ryan KS, Modalities in the Cancer Population, Blessing Hospital, Quincy, IL March, 2010.Ryan KS, Pulmonary Rehab Considerations, Blessing Hospital, Quincy, IL March, 2010.
- DPT 515 - Professional Seminar, co-teach
- DPT 580 - Clinical Education
- DPT 582 - Clinical Education
- DPT 680 - Clinical Education
- DPT 780 - Clinical Education
- DPT 781 - Clinical Education
- DPT 782 - Clinical Education
- DPT 784 - Clinical Education
People's Choice Award for implementing SCI Patient Education Series on the television at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, 2009
Center for Health Sciences Education
1320 W. Lombard St.
Davenport, IA 52804