Admission and Application
At Ambrose, we understand that making the decision to further your education through graduate studies is an investment personally, professionally and financially. All of us in the Master of Science in Information Technology Management program are ready to help you through the admissions process.
To seek acceptance into the Master of Science in Information Technology Management program, applicants must send the following to the program director:
- A completed online St. Ambrose University graduate admissions application.
- Students must also meet the program admissions requirements (below).
Applications and official transcripts should be received by August 1, 2018 for the Fall 2018 term and by January 1, 2019 for the Spring 2019 term to ensure consideration for admission.
These are the requirements you must meet to apply to the MSITM program:
- Possess a bachelor's degree in any field
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 2.8/4.0
- Satisfy any MSITM or MBA course prerequisites. Undergradute prerequisites must be completed with a C or better. Click here to read course listings
- Minimum TOEFL iBT score of 85 or IELTS score of 6.5 (for international students)
If you don't meet the GPA requirement, you may apply for Conditional Acceptance in the form of a written appeal to the MSITM department.
A maximum of nine semester credit hours can be transferred from another accredited graduate school.
Transfer credits may be granted by the director of the MSITM graduate program when a student has earned grades of B or better in graduate courses substantially similar in content and equivalent in number of credit hours to those offered by St. Ambrose. These graduate courses must have been completed within the last five years in order to be considered.
Students may be required to secure additional documentation such as course descriptions or syllabi used, where necessary. Transfer credit grades are not included in the MSITM grade point average.