Teaches courses Health Assessment & Physical Exam and Evidence-Based Practice. She is a certified Acute Care Nurse Practitioner with clinical expertise in Trauma, Critical Care, Pulmonary, Occupational Health, and Hospice.
Education and Training
- PhD, University of Iowa Hospital and Health Administration
- MBA, University of Iowa College of Business
- Post Master's Certificate, University of Maryland at Baltimore Acute Care Nurse Practitioner in Trauma/Critical Care
- MA, University of Iowa Nursing Administration and Adult Health
- BSN & BA, Marycrest College Nursing and Biology
Areas of Professional Interest
- Ergonomics of work and injury prevention
- Evidence-based practice
Honors, Awards, Presentations
Dean's Award, University of Iowa, College of Nursing, Spring 2004
Leadership Award, National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Baltimore, MD, 1995
Silver Level Achievement Award Juvenile Diabetes Association, Chairman Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD, 1995
Commendation for Contributions to the AONE Policy & Legislative Program, 1995
Distinguished Alumni Award, Marycrest College, 1992
Who's Who in American Nursing, 1988-1989
Robnett, M. Co-Editor, Critical Care Medicine: Interface of Public Policy and Critical Care Medicine, 34(3) March 2006 Supplement.
Robnett, M. The History of Critical Care Nursing, Critical Care Medicine, 34(3): 525-531, March 2006 Supplement.
Robnett, M. Planning Your Practice. Advance for Nurse Practitioners, 11(6):48-49, 2003.
Robnett, M. Care MapsTm: The Strategic Management of Quality-Cost Outcomes, Bulletin of American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, September, 14(9):24-27, 1995.
Helms, L., Anderson, M and Robnett, M. Funding Nursing Education Under Medicare: A Window of Opportunity. Nursing & Health Care, September, 15(7):344-349, 1994.
Hilsenrath, P., Robnett, M. and Smith, W. Assessing Hospital Radiology Productivity. Administrative Radiology. August, 10(8):60-62, 1991.
More About Dr. Robnett
Health Assessment Across the Lifespan
Financial Accounting , Finance and Management for Healthcare
Medical -Surgical Nursing
Pharmacotherapeutics in Nursing
Honors Independent Study
Leadership and Care Management
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner ARNP-BC
American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Nurse Practitioner/Case Manager, Care Initiatives Hospice
- Nurse Practitioner/Case Manager/Interim Hospital Liason, Iowa City Hospice
- Hospitalist/Nurse Practitioner/Staff Nurse, University of Iowa Hospitals and ClinicsPulmonary/Critical Care Medicine, Trauma Surgery, Emergency Treatment Center, Nursing Education Center, Surgical Intensive Care Unit
- President and CEO, Locum Tenens Medical Associates
- Nurse Practitioner, University of Maryland Medical Systems
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit
American Nurses Association (ANA)
Iowa Nurses Association (INA)
Center for Health Sciences Education 144
1320 W. Lombard
Davenport, IA 52804