Dr. Riley is a Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Neurologic Physical Therapy and has a certificate of competency in examination and intervention of vestibular disorders.
She teaches neuromuscular therapeutics. Her clinical practice focuses on neurological disorders including stroke, brain injury, balance and dizziness disorders, multiple sclerosis and spinal cord injury.
Read Dr. Riley's CV (pdf)
Education and Training
- PhD, University of Iowa Rehabilitation Sciences
- MA, University of Iowa Physical Therapy
- BA, St. Louis University Physical Therapy
Areas of Professional Interest
- Neuromuscular Conditions
- Vestibular Dysfunctions
- Board Certified Specialist in Neurologic Physical Therapy
- Completion of Vestibular Rehabilitation Competency Course
Recent Publications and Presentations
Scheets P, Brown D, Gill-Body K, Hedman L, Quiben M, Quinn L, Riley N. The Human Movement System: What's the Big Deal? IV STEP, Columbus, OH. 07/2016
Riley, NA, Frank, LF. College of Health and Human Services Inter-Professional Clinical Reasoning Event. A Compendium for Teaching Physical Therapy Neurologic Content. Accepted for publication 3/2016.
B. Ballantyne, N. Riley. Balance ability, balance confidence, and postural control during gait initiation in older adults. EXPACC II, 2016.
Riley, NA, Ballantyne, B. iPad Use in the First Year of a DPT Program - a Pilot Study. APTA Combined Sections Meeting, Indianapolis, Indiana. 02/2015
Riley, NA. Introduction to Vestibular Rehabilitation - Examination and Intervention of Balance and Dizziness disorders. Great River Medical Center, Burlington, IA. November 2011.
More About Dr. Riley
- DPT 520 Pathology and Medical Management, Guest, Spring Semester
- DPT 540 Neuroanatomy and Neurophysiology, Spring Semester
- DPT 590 Pharmacology in Rehabilitation, Fall Semester
- DPT 630 Neuromuscular Therapeutics, Fall Semester
- DPT 820 Differential Diagnosis, Guest, Spring Semester
- Therapist of the year, 2001-2002
- AMBUCS, Quad Cities River BUCS
Center for Health Sciences Education
1320 W. Lombard St.
Davenport, IA 52804