- All faculty and staff must have a valid parking permit, available for free. All vehicles operated on campus must be registered and display a valid permit.
- Buy your permits online at The Permit Store. Up to three vehicles may be registered to one permit, but all the vehicles must be operated solely by the permit owner.
- To register for a permit you need: an active email address; your SAU ID number; vehicle make, model, and color information; and license plate information. It is the owner's responsibility to ensure that all vehicle information is accurate. Changes to vehicle or owner information may be made online at The Permit Store.
- Online registration is available 24/7.
- Additional stickers aren't necessary for vehicles added to permits but are available for $10 per sticker. Permits may not be transferred, loaned, shared, or sold by parties other than the St. Ambrose University Security Office. Faculty and staff permits cannot be used by student dependents attending class at the university.
Be a good neighbor
All St. Ambrose students, faculty, and staff are discouraged from parking in the neighborhoods surrounding campus unless you live on that street or have written permission from the home owner.
All St. Ambrose faculty and staff members are expected to use campus parking lots if space is available. View the parking lot map.
A permit does not guarantee parking spaces, but instead gives the owner the right to park if space is available. Always check with the Security Office if you are unsure whether a particular parking area on campus is restricted.
- Faculty/Staff lots in Zone 1 are located north of the Rogalski Center and portions south of Galvin; both are marked with signs at the entrance. Portions of these lots are available only to faculty and staff from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Zone 1 is defined as all student parking lots bounded by Locust Street, Gaines Street, Lombard Street, and Harrison Street. Permits are required in these lots 24 hours per day/7 days per week.
- Zone 2 is defined by the parking lots West of Gaines Street (including the lot at Locust and Marquette streets). Permits are required in these lots Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. All Zone 2 lots are also open to faculty and staff.