Bee Happy Hour
Thanks to all Ambrosians who raised a glass on June 10, 2021 to celebrate our 13th annual Bee Happy Hour! We are so glad we were able to offer the opportunity for all alumni to toast SAU in a way that accounted for the variables associated with the pandemic. Thanks to the 60+ individuals who shared that they would be celebrating Bee Happy Hour in 2021. A special congrats to Marcella Boers '18, '19, the winner of the bookstore gift card drawing!
Looking Ahead to 2022
We look forward to gathering with fewer restrictions in 2022 and appreciate your understanding of the changes we've made for 2021. Mark your calendars for our 14th Annual Bee Happy Hour on June 9, 2022. From Texas to California and right here in the Quad Cities, Ambrosians will gather on one night to toast to their SAU experience.
If you'd like to be considered as a host city, please review the information below and submit the Bee Happy Hour Host Interest Form.
Host opportunities will be available early next year.
St. Ambrose alumni who live in cities across the nation can volunteer to host a Bee Happy Hour event for other Ambrosians in their area. Below is a summary of what's involved if you'd like to host a local service event.
Detailed forms will guide you through the steps, and the Office of Alumni Engagement can work with you to help make your event a success.
- Complete the BEE Happy Hour Host Interest Form.
- Reserve a location in your area to host BEE Happy Hour.
- Recruit alumni volunteers to help support the event; serve as contact for volunteers.
- Encourage attendance by calling and/or emailing alumni in your area. Lists will be provided by the Alumni Engagement Office. The information provided is confidential and may not be used for purposes other than contacting alumni regarding BEE Happy Hour.
- "Like", "Share" & "Comment" on BEE Happy Hour communications (Alumni Facebook Page, BEE Happy Hour FB event, and Alumni Instagram and Twitter page).
- Notify the Alumni Engagement Office staff of any alumni changes, such as change of address, incorrect/new phone number or email address, etc.
- Optional: You may order appetizers for guests, based upon food budget provided by the Alumni Engagement Office. Please refer to the Food Budget Guidelines.
- Send a reminder email to all pre-registered alumni the week of the event. The Alumni Office will provide you with the final RSVP list one week prior to the event.
- Contact the restaurant/venue a week prior to the event to confirm the date, time and final number (if providing appetizers) for your BEE Happy Hour.
- Attend BEE Happy Hour for your location on Thursday, June 10, 2021 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. (Arrive by 5 p.m.)
- Take photos during your BEE Happy Hour. Please promote and use #BEEHappyHour so we can see the fun taking place all over the country!
- Send the check-in sheet, bee in touch forms, receipt and photos to the Alumni Engagement Office within one week of the event.
We want your party to be a success, so here are the ways we can help you:
- Provide a list of area alumni (after volunteer has completed a confidentiality agreement)
- Provide advice based on event experience
- Promote the event through our alumni e-newsletter and all social media platforms
- Send a formal email invitation (4-6 weeks before the event) and a follow-up reminder (1-2 weeks before the event) to area alumni
- Provide SAU supplies and giveaways (name tags, check-in sheet, etc.)
Alumni Engagement Office
Alumni House: 1527 Brady St.
Mail: 518 W. Locust St.
Davenport, IA 52803