Homecoming at SAU!
Homecoming Weekend 2023 is a busy weekend in the Quad Cities Area. Hotels are booking quickly, so be sure to make plans and reserve your lodging early!
Specific information regarding reunions can be found on our Reunions page.
2023 Homecoming Schedule
More details for Homecoming 2023 will be available soon.
Below are some of the frequently asked questions regarding Homecoming weekend.
During Homecoming, the bookstore is typically open:
Friday 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Sunday 10:00 a.m.-2 p.m.
This information will be verified closer to the Homecoming date.
What hotel do you recommend?
- The preferred hotel of St. Ambrose University is the Best Western PLUS SteepleGate Inn, located just off I-80 on the north side of Davenport. Information about the hotel and rates can be found online. There are a number of other hotels in town that may fit your needs. Additional hotel suggestions can be found here.
Will I be able to see Fr. Catich's work while I am on campus?
- Yes! The University is pleased to display much of Fr. Catich's work throughout campus. While you are visiting St. Ambrose, consider stopping by the following areas to appreciate his work:
- Stations of the Cross and numerous pieces in the Chapel Gathering Space (near the North entrance).
- Some slates are located on the 1st floor and additional work is on the 3rd floor.
- Library staff will be able to assist you.
- In addition, you can view the Catich Collection Digital Archive anywhere, any time.
What buildings will be open during Homecoming weekend?
- Typically, these buildings are open from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday. This information will be verified closer to the Homecoming date.
- Ambrose Hall
- Cosgrove Hall (public spaces)
- Hayes Hall
- McCarthy Hall (public spaces)
- McMullen Hall
- Wellness and Recreation Center
- Galvin Fine Arts Center
- The Library
- Christ the King Chapel
- Rogalski Center
- BeeHive Coffee Shop
All our residence halls require keycard access at all times for our students' safety. All off-campus buildings, including the Center for Health Sciences Education and the Dome will not be accessible during the weekend.
What events are planned for the weekend?
Who are the Bees playing on Saturday?
- Lawrence Tech (Southfield, MI) at 1 p.m. Arrive by 12:30 p.m. to watch the pregame show performed by the SAU Fighting Bee Band!
Will campus tours be available?
- Yes, a walking campus tour will be available at 9 a.m. Saturday. If you're interested, gather on the east side of the Rogalski Center!
What is the suggested attire for the weekend's events?
- Each event has different criteria. Please check your specific event for these details. Casual attire is acceptable unless otherwise noted.
Where can I park on campus that weekend?
- All parking areas will be open during the weekend, and guests are welcome to choose the lot most convenient for their plans. However, it's important to note that while parking spots will be available, those closest to the Rogalski Center might be at a premium. For those who are able to walk a short distance, we recommend parking in the lots across from the Galvin Fine Arts Center and McMullen Hall (west of Gaines Street). See all parking lots
Where can I find information about this year's reunions?
What reunions are being celebrated this year?
- See the Reunions page for more details.
Can I still come back if it isn't my reunion year?
- Yes, we understand that your graduation year may not be the year (or only year) with which you identify. All we ask is that you RSVP for the reunion you plan to attend. If you wish to change your reunion year, please let our office know so you can be alerted of activities related to your preferred years. Please contact the alumni office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-SAU-ALUM to RSVP.
Are RSVPs required for the reunion?
- We prefer to have an RSVP, but will accomodate some walk-ins. Please contact the alumni office at email@example.com or 800-SAU-ALUM to let us know if you are planning on attending!
Can I pay the day of the reunion?
Yes, of course! We can take cash, check or credit card.
What type of accommodations can be made?
- 1972/Emeritus - The Rogalski Center is handicap accessible and dietary accommodations can be made if Alumni staff are alerted one week prior to the event.
- BOLD - The Alumni House is handicap accessible, although some social parts of this event may take place on grass outside of the Alumni House. Dietary accommodations not possible due to the hors d'oeuvres layout of this menu.
- All other reunions - contact the party in charge for more details.
Can I bring my children?
- We love it when you bring baby bees to campus! Children are invited to many of our Homecoming festivities, but the Emeritus and BOLD reunions are limited to adult guests. For all other reunions, please contact the party in charge for this question.
Will weather affect the reunions?
Alumni and Engagement Office
Alumni House, 1527 Brady St.
Mail: 518 W. Locust St.
Davenport, IA 52803