Bo teaches classes in sport management and has professional experience in sport media industry. His scholarly interest is focused on social media being used by different sports media outlets, sports organizations, and athletes to engage with audiences.
Download CV (pdf)
Education and Training
- EdD, University of Arkansas Recreation and Sport Management
- MA, University of New South Wales, Australia International Relations
- MIB, Universityof Wollongong, Australia International Business
- BA, Guangzhou University, China Radio and TV News Broadcasting
- North American Society for Sport Management
- The Commission on Sport Management Accreditation
- International Association for Communication and Sport
- Global Sport Business Association
Li B., Stokowski, S., Dittmore, S. W. & Scott, O. (2016). How mediated sporting events constituted nationalism? An analysis of Chinese newspaper coverage of the 2014 Incheon Asian Games. International Journal of Sport Communication, 9, 79-96. http://dx.doi.org/10.1123/IJSC.2015-0104
Li B., Stokowski, S., Dittmore, S. W. & Scott, O. (2015). For better or for worse: The impact of social media on Chinese sports journalists. Communication and Sport. doi: 10.1177/2167479515617279
Li, B., Dittmore, S. W. & Park, J. (2015). Exploring different perceptions of coach-athlete relationship: The case of Chinese Olympians. International Journal of Coaching Science, 9(2).
Park, J., Li, B., & Dittmore, S. W. (2015). What motivates Chinese sports fans to subscribe to athletes' social media accounts? Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society. 16(2), 1604-1072. DOI:10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.2.1064
More About Dr. Li
KIN 190 Introduction to Sport Management
KIN 306 Sport Promotions and Marketing
KIN 307 Planning and Management of Sport Facilities and Events
Hayes Hall 230
518 W. Locust St.
Davenport, IA 52803