Dr. Hughes teaches Foundations of Occupational Therapy and Occupational Justice. She is also the Occupational Therapy Doctoral Capstone Coordinator.
Dr. Hughes has OT practice experience with adults and older adults across several levels of care: Acute, IP Rehabilitation, Outpatient, Home Health, and community-based organizations.
Her research interests include health education strategies for older adults and caregivers across a variety of service settings.
Dr. Hughes has licensure in Iowa and Illinois as well as certificates in:
- Grant Writing
- Online Teaching and Learning
- Dementia Specialist Certificate
- Executive Certificate in Home Modification
- Certified Aging in Place Specialist
Education and Training
- Post-Professional Doctorate in Occupational Therapy (DrOT), Governors State University
- MA, University of Southern California, Occupational Therapy
- BS, Northern Illinois University, Health Science
- Institute for Person-Centered Care
American Occupational Therapy Association
Iowa Occupational Therapy Association
Illinois Occupational Therapy Association
Center for Health Sciences Education
1320 W. Lombard
Davenport, IA 52804