Dr. Hughes teaches History and Philosophy of OT, Theoretical Foundations and Occupational Justice, Research, and Critical Inquiry. She has OT practice experience with adults and older adults across several levels of care: acute, IP rehab, OP, home health, and community-based organizations.
Her research interests include interprofessional health education strategies for older adults and community-based programming for older adults.
Dr. Hughes has licensure in Iowa and Illinois as well as certificates in grant writing and an Executive Certificate in Home Modification.
Education and Training
- Post-Professional Doctorate in Occupational Therapy (DrOT), Governors State University
- MA, University of Southern California Occupational Therapy
- BS, Northern Illinois University Health Science
What inspires you?
"Living well is a deep subject." This is a motto that I created that reflects my passion for helping people navigate life challenges. I'm especially moved to help individuals maintain community-based lifestyles when faced with challenges to independence.
Service at SAU
- Team Lead, SAU Center on Aging
- SAU Interprofessional Clinical Case Management Team
American Occupational Therapy Association
Iowa Occupational Therapy Association
Center for Health Sciences Education
1320 W. Lombard
Davenport, IA 52804