Prior to coming to St. Ambrose University, Brian Foy worked for the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency for 37 years, first as a speech language pathologist in the Muscatine area and then as an administrator for the past six years specializing in low incidence populations.
Foy's areas of interest center around students with autism, the deaf and hard of hearing population and communication needs surrounding those students with severe cognitive disabilities.
Professionally, he has been coordinator for CHADD of Iowa for the past three years, which is a parent support group for individuals and families impacted by Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. He also sits on the Board of Directors for the National CHADD organization.
Education and Training
- MA, Western Michigan University, Speech-Language Pathology
- BA, Michigan State University, Communication Sciences
- Iowa Special Education Supervisory Endorsement
- Iowa Department of Education Health License
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence
- Iowa Students with Significant Disabilities State Leadership
Part time Clinical Instructor, Rite Care Clinic
COMM 325 Introduction to Speech Pathology
Master of Speech-Language Pathology
Center for Communication and Social Development, 1310 W. Pleasant St.
Mail: 518 W. Locust St.
Davenport, IA 52803