Creative Arts Journal
Quercus – the St. Ambrose University creative arts journal – publishes writing, artwork, audio, and visuals created by SAU students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
Send your entries to Quercus@sau.edu.
Quercus - Call for Submissions
Quercus- the St. Ambrose University creative-arts journal, founded in 1992- is seeking submissions for our inaugural online issue in Spring 2023
Submissions are judged anonymously by student editors, who also layout and design the journal.
What we're looking for: Writing, artwork, and audio/visual submissions from SAU students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
Send us your best!
Writing: Poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction
● Poetry: Send up to 3 poems in a single Word document. Format your work as you wish it to appear.
● Prose: Send 1 piece up to 10 pages, double-spaced, in a Word document.
● All writing submissions should use a standard 12 pt. font (e.g. Times New Roman).
● Sigma Tau Delta awards will be determined by the members of our SAU chapter, Alpha Omega Alpha. In addition to publication in Quercus, each winner will receive special recognition in the journal and payment of $20. All writing submissions from current SAU students are eligible.
Artwork: Fine art, digital art, photography
● Fine art (e.g. painting, drawing, illustration, printmaking, bookbinding, sculpture): Send 1photo of your entire piece and up to 4 detail photos. Art work selected forQuercus may be re-photographed by art experts on our team to better showcase your work online.
● Digital art, photography: Send images at least 300 dpi. Include title, medium(s), size, and date.
● Artwork submissions may be accompanied by an artist's statement of up to 200 words (optional).
Audio/Visual: Short film, animation, original music composition, spoken word performance
● Audio: File type .mp3. Run time up to 10 minutes.
● Video: File type .mp4. Run time up to 15 minutes.
● Audio/Visual submissions may be accompanied by a synopsis or artist's statement of up to 200 words (optional).
Submissions in multiple genres are welcome. Simultaneous submissions also are acceptable; let us know immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
Do not include any identifying information in the submission itself, but include a short bio in your submission email (approx. 50 words; include your SAU affiliation and any social media handles or links to professional websites or portfolios).
Submissions that do not meet the guidelines will not be considered for publication.
Submissions Due January 31, 2023
Submit to email@example.com.