Engagement, Innovation, and Impact
Discover St. Ambrose University through one of our College of Business Visit Days! In conjunction with your Mini On Campus Visit with the Admissions Office, you will join faculty and current business majors who want to share with you what makes studying business at SAU so rewarding and inspiring.
Gain professional and real world experience – and plenty of socializing! – through joining a student club. SAU offers dozens of clubs, and the College of Business has some of the most active at the University.
Driving Forces of the College of Business
To empower all people to become better versions of themselves, the Patricia VanBruwaene College of Business focuses on the greater good.
We will be a leading Midwestern college of business, engaging students, faculty and professionals in building the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to lead, manage, and make a positive difference in the world.
As part of St. Ambrose University, we value academic excellence, social justice and community service. We also seek to embody the following values as we live out the College of Business mission:
- Discovery: Create stimulating learning environments
- Individual Attention: Devote care and attention to each individual student
- Flexibility: Adapt the environment to suit the needs of students and faculty
- Innovation: Try new and creative ways to teach and learn
- Empowerment: Enhance students' full potential to lead and manage
- Professionalism: Model and develop professional skills
- Integrity: Promote professional practices that live out these core values
In conjunction with our general Admissions Office Visit Days, the College of Business invites prospective SAU students to learn about business majors and opportunities.
Students and families receive a tour of McMullen Hall and also hear from a panel of current business students.
Visit Days are posted on the SAU calendar as well as on the COB home page.
Are you a College of Business student? Are you interested in networking and professional growth? Do you desire to do more for the college?
Consider becoming an Ambassador to the Dean! We're looking for enthusiastic and driven students that have a sense of pride in the College of Business and a genuine interest in bettering the student experience!
This prestigious position allows students the opportunity to act as advisors to the College of Business Dean, represent the needs of business students, and act as a voice for them. They will also provide guidance to the Dean on matters relating to business education and seek to improve the educational experience and sense of community within the COB. At the same time, the Dean's Ambassadors are expected to leave with a better understanding of the COB's role in campus life and the Quad Cities community, while prioritizing and emphasizing our mission of business for the greater good. Lastly, the Dean's Ambassadors will also promote the COB and its student organizations to internal and external constituents.
Why be a COB Dean's ambassador?
- Gain management and leadership experience
- Impact your fellow students and shape the future of the COB
- Regular discussions and listening sessions with Dr. Maritza Espina
- Network and connect with students, alumni, and faculty
- Work on important College priorities, including DEI initiatives, strategic planning, admissions, and recruitment
- Training on development and advancement strategies
- Help with COB marketing and branding campaigns
- Invitations to participate in COB events and special projects
Attend at least one meeting and one event per semester
One year appointment
Read about some of the many ways College of Business faculty, staff, and students impact the greater SAU community:
A Message from the President: Adapting to the Changing Pace of Business, Scene Magazine, Fall 2018
Accounting Students East Tax Stress for Neighbors in Need
Upperclass Accounting majors prepare tax returns through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program for persons with low to moderate income.
Members pursue career goals through networking, service, and social activities with other accounting students, as well as local professionals.
Local chapter of an international organization focused on entrepreneurship.
St. Ambrose is home to the largest American Marketing Association chapter in Iowa.
Provides students opportunities to gain real world sales experience and networking skills in a collaborative and welcoming environment that extends beyond the classroom.
Renovation and Expansion of McMullen Hall