Teaches clinical and didactic courses in the Nursing program. Specialty in caring for maternal and neonatal patients. Certified in Inpatient Obstetrics.
Education and Training
- MSN, Lewis University, Romeoville, Illinois
- BSN, St. Ambrose University
- Healthcare disparities (race, socio-economic status, and limited English proficiency)
- Maternal morbidity and mortality
- Policies and procedures guided by evidence-based practice
"Nursing education is a passion for me. I've had really great learning experiences through my education preparation and nursing career. Nursing educators truly impact the lives and careers of those they teach. I've become a nursing educator to share my knowledge and shape future generations of nurses."
Katie Sleaford, MSN, Clinical Instructor
MSN practicum project focused on developing culturally competent care and communication skills for nursing students via simulation experiences.
- American Nurses Association/Illinois Nurses Association (ANA/INA)
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (STTI)
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN)
More About Katie Sleaford
NURS 350 Applied Learning Experiences I
NURS 395 Clinical Application II
Center for Health Sciences Education, Room 144
Mailing: 518 W. Locust St.
1320 W. Lombard St., Davenport, IA 52804