The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at St. Ambrose University offers a B.S. in Mathematics, a secondary teaching endorsement in mathematics, and a minor in mathematics.
In completing degree requirements, all Mathematics majors will:
1) Demonstrate a breadth and depth of knowledge appropriate for a bachelor's degree in mathematics
2) Persevere in modeling and solving routine and non-routine problems, using appropriate resources strategically
3) Demonstrate the ability to learn mathematics independently by locating and assimilating technical material
4) Communicate mathematical ideas using proper terms and symbols
5) Write concise and rigorous mathematical proofs
6) Appreciate the career and educational opportunities for mathematics majors
If you choose to earn a teaching endorsement, you will also:
7) Critically consume and apply research and local/state/national standards in mathematics education to plan, deliver, and evaluate effective instruction.
Schedule an appointment to talk with a faculty member, contact the Math Department at 563/333-6160.