Theatre Scholarship auditions/technical interviews will be:
Saturday, October 6, 2012
Saturday, December 1, 2012
Saturday, February 23, 2013
Saturday, April 20, 2013
A special appointment may be arranged with Dr. Cory Johnson by email or phone, 563-333-6427.
To be considered for a Theatre Department scholarship, candidates must:
- Commit to declare theatre as either their major or minor field of study.
- Submit an application for admission.
- Complete a financial aid form (even though demonstrated financial need is not a requirement).
- Prepare two contrasting monologues (one comic and one serious) of no more than two minutes each in length. (Performance auditions only)
- Sing 16 bars of a song from a musical (please bring pre-recorded accompaniment). (Performance auditions only)
Technical candidates are asked to present a portfolio and have an interview with the faculty.
This scholarship is contingent upon all established financial aid policies.
Michael Kennedy Theatre Scholarship
The Michael Kennedy Theatre Scholarship is an annual scholarship for a first-year or transfer student majoring in theatre at St. Ambrose.
Application deadline: April 15
Include the following in your application packet:
- The completed application form
- Your resume
- One letter of recommendation from someone who knows you and your work
- A copy of your high school transcript
- A 250-word essay on "The Importance of Theatre in the World and Why I Want to be Involved"
Please see the Michael Kennedy Theatre Scholarship page for more information.