Skip to Birthdays
• Work Study and Temporary (student) employees: Online time cards need to be submitted to your supervisor by Monday, Dec. 15.
• Supervisors: Online time cards with supervisor approval need to be submitted to General Accounting by Tuesday, Dec. 16.
• Staff: Online time cards need to be submitted to your supervisor by Friday. Dec. 19.
• Hourly Staff Supervisors: Online time cards with supervisor approval need to be submitted to General Accounting by Sunday, Dec. 21.
Winterim Mass Schedule
• No Sunday masses on Dec. 14, 21, 28 and Jan. 4
• Christmas Eve Mass, 5 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 24
• Sundays, Jan. 11 and 18, only a 10:30 a.m. mass will be celebrated.
• Regular weekday schedule resumes with 9:15 p.m. mass on Wednesday, Jan. 14.
• Regular Sunday schedule resumes with 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. masses on Jan. 25.
PE Center Hours
The PE center will observe the following hours during winterim:
• Monday-Friday, Dec. 15-19, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Saturday-Sunday, Dec. 20-21, Closed
• Monday, Dec. 22, 6 a.m. - 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, Dec. 23, 6 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, Dec. 24 -Sunday, Jan. 4, Closed
• Monday-Friday, Jan. 5-9, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Saturday-Sunday, Jan. 10-11, Closed
• Monday, Jan. 12, Regular hours resume
All staff are invited to attend a forum at 9:30 a.m., Tuesday, Dec. 16, in the Rogalski Center Ballroom, to discuss issues which came from the Climate Survey completed earlier this year. Sister Joan has asked Audrey Blair, director of human resources, to lead the discussion.
Winter Break Parking
Normal campus parking regulations regarding lots that are designated overall as faculty/staff or student lots will be waived from Monday, Dec. 15 through Friday, Jan. 9. During this period, parking in such lots will be on a "first-come, first-served" basis for non-restricted spaces. Faculty, staff and students may not park in reserved spaces including all spaces in the Circle Lot by Ambrose Hall and those designated for visitor, handicapped or resident priest parking.
St. Ambrose will close for the Christmas holidays at 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 23. All offices are expected to remain open until 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday. Those who want to leave early can use PTO time. Regular hours of operation will resume when the university re-opens on Monday, Jan. 5, 2015. Some departments will operate Dec. 26-Jan. 4. Supervisors of those departments will notify the individuals involved. An employee required to work during this time will be given an hour of Paid Time Off (PTO) for each hour of time worked during this holiday period. This PTO must be used prior to July 1, 2014. Or staff may elect to receive their hourly rate for the time worked in addition to their holiday pay. Supervisors are asked to turn in employees' names and number of hours worked during this period to the Human Resources office by Jan. 16.
Service awards not picked up at the Faculty/Staff Christmas Party will be available in the campus Post Office. Contact: Kathy Anderson.
All staff and interested faculty are invited to attend a Frontline Connections session at 8:30 a.m., Thursday, Jan. 8, in the Rogalski Center. This is an opportunity to learn new and updated information from departments such as admissions, financial aid, information resources/technology and communications and marketing. Contact: Debbie Dobbyn, ext. 5851.
The spring presidential assembly will be held at 8 a.m., Tuesday, Jan. 13, in the Rogalski Center Ballroom. Agenda and details will be publicized in January.
Campus-Wide Strategic Planning Workshop
All faculty and staff are invited to participate in a day of strategic planning. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, Jan. 13, immediately following the Presidential Assembly in the Rogalski Center Ballroom. Contact: Tracy Schuster-Matlock.
The campus community is invited to attend a farewell reception for Susan Jameson, academic and student affairs office, from 1 to 3 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 15, in the Rogalski Center Ballroom.
Submissions for Campus Bulletin
To submit an item for possible inclusion in an upcoming Campus Bulletin, send information via email or campus mail by noon Thursday of the week prior to Darcy Duncalf in the Communications and Marketing Office. Be sure to include all relevant "what," "where" and "why" information, as well as a contact name, email address and phone number for further questions. Information may be edited for length and consistency with Campus Bulletin style. Contact: Darcy Duncalf, ext. 6295.
Meetings and Events
Tuesday: Staff Forum, 9:30 a.m., RC Ballroom
Monday: Sallee Beneke, Jun Chen
Wednesday: Sarah Dennis, Matthew Elliott, Jenny Ferrell, Joe Schroeder, Rhiannon Seneli
Friday: Sandra Lund
Subscribe to the AmbroseZine monthly eNewsletter