Skip to Birthdays
New Student Orientations
The new student summer orientations are scheduled for June 1-2, 4-5, 11-12, and 15-16. Over the course of these sessions, hundreds of new students and family members will be on campus for advising, registration and a general introduction to college life. Contact: Jill Beinborn, ext. 5898.
Summer Library Events
The Library will host several events over the summer. All events will be held in the Library.
• Sixth Annual Employee Summer Reading Program, Kick-off party, 2:30 to 4 p.m., Wednesday, June 3. Open to SAU campus community.
• Murder in the Library, Wednesday, June 10. Collect evidence at the crime scene and examine suspect files to determine who murdered Dewey Decimal.
• Iowa Author Talk Visit, Donald Harstad, 2 p.m. and 7 p.m., Wednesday, June 17.
Contact: Joyce Haack, ext. 6247.
Catich Gallery Exhibit
The work of the late Rev. Edward Catich ‘34 and Meredith Lynn will be featured in the 11th Annual Catich Exhibit, "Methods in Tandem," on display June 3 through Sept. 4, in the Galvin Fine Arts Center. An opening reception will be held from 5 to 7 p.m., Thursday, June 11. The exhibit and reception are free and open to the public. Summer gallery hours are Tuesday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Contact: Chris Reno, ext. 6444. Read more at Methods in Tandem.
Informational Workshop for QC Social Service Agencies
Informational workshops for Quad City area social service agencies will be held from 9 a.m. to noon, Thursday, June 4, in McCarthy Hall 110 and from 1 to 4 p.m., Thursday, June 11, in McCarthy Hall 108. The workshops will provide information on how organizations or non-profits can utilize the talents of highly motivated and capable psychology majors. To attend contact Judy Correa Kaiser, ext. 6430.
The St. Ambrose Menke Observatory near Dixon, Iowa, is hosting a star party beginning shortly after sunset on Saturday, June 6. The session is free and open to the public. To check if the session has been cancelled due to weather, call ext. 6141 on the day of the open house. For directions and more information, visit Menke Observatory.
IMTA State Conference
The 2015 Iowa Music Teachers Association State Conference will be held on campus June 7-9. Several events held in the Galvin Fine Arts Center will be open to the public. Contact: Marian Lee, ext. 6148.
• Iowa All-Stars Piano Concert, 7:30 p.m., Sunday, June 7, free to attend. Featuring pianists from the University of Iowa, University of Northern Iowa, St. Ambrose University, Augustana College, Emmaus Bible College, Clarke University and Luther College. Read more at All-Stars Piano Concert.
• Piano Recital featuring Eduardus Halim, 8:15 p.m., Monday, June 8, cost to attend $10 adults, $5 students, SAU students free with current SAU ID. Called "a legendary talent" by the late Vladimir Horowitz, the New York pianist is a Steinway artist. Halim was immortalized as Horowitz's last pupil in the late icon's biography by New York Times critic Harold Schoenberg. Read more at Eduardus Halim Recital.
Summer Youth Ministry Certificate Program
The Certificate in Youth Ministry program will offer classes on campus Thursday-Sunday, June 11 - 14 and July 9 - 12. The program trains leaders to provide a ministry education for youth ministry, campus ministry, and religious education leaders, combining resources for youth ministry theory, skills, and practice. Contact: Chris Clow, ext. 6189. To read more about the classes offered and to download an application go to Youth Ministry Studies.
Submissions for Campus Bulletin
To submit an item for possible inclusion in an upcoming Campus Bulletin, send information via email or campus mail by noon Thursday of the week prior to Darcy Duncalf in the Communications and Marketing Office. Be sure to include all relevant "what," "where" and "why" information, as well as a contact name, email address and phone number for further questions. Information may be edited for length and consistency with Campus Bulletin style. Contact: Darcy Duncalf, ext. 6295.
Meetings and Events
Monday: New Student Orientation, 6:30 p.m., RC
Tuesday: New Student Orientation, 7:45 a.m., campus
Wednesday: SAU Employee Summer Reading Program, 2:30 p.m., Library
Thursday: Info workshops for QC social service agencies, 9 a.m., McCarthy 110
New Student Orientation, 6:30 p.m., RC
Friday: New Student Orientation, 7:45 a.m., campus
Saturday: Star Party, sunset, Menke Observatory, Dixon, Iowa
Sunday: Iowa All-Stars Piano Concert, 7:30 p.m., Galvin
Monday: Mahi Harrison
Tuesday: Tom Hill, Christina Holdridge
Wednesday: Jessica Greenwald, Julie Morrison
Friday: Charles Parr
Saturday: Joe Hebert Jr., Ann Preston, Hong Wang
Sunday: Stephanie Loncarich, Alvin Vesey
Subscribe to the AmbroseZine monthly eNewsletter