• Work Study and Temporary (student) Employees: Online time cards need to be submitted to your supervisor by Monday, May 20.
• Supervisors: Online time cards with supervisor approval need to be submitted to General Accounting by Tuesday, May 21.
• Staff: Online time cards need to be submitted to your supervisor by Saturday, May 25.
• Hourly Staff Supervisors: Online time cards with supervisor approval need to be submitted to General Accounting by Sunday, May 26.
Library Summer Hours
The Library's summer hours are: Monday-Thursday, 7:45 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.; Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; closed Sunday. The Library will be closed the following days: Monday, May 27; and Thursday, July 4.
PE Center Summer Hours
The PE Center summer hours are: Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.; closed on weekends. The PE Center will be closed the following days: Monday, May 27; and Thursday, July 4. The gym floor area will be closed for refinished Aug. 1-9.
IAICU Technology Conference
St. Ambrose is hosting the Iowa Independent Colleges and Universities Technology Conference, Tuesday-Wednesday, May 21-22, in the Rogalski Center Ballroom. Information session will take place from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, and 9 to 11:30 a.m., Wednesday. The campus community is invited to attend the session, no advance registration is required. Contact: Lori Brown, ext. 6003.
Master of Education in Teaching Information Session
An information session to learn more about the Master of Education in Teaching will be held from 4 to 5:30 p.m., Wednesday, May 22, in the Rogalski Center New Room. Opportunities to speak with faculty will allow you to learn about the program. Refreshments will be served. Contact: Jana Seutter, ext, 5744.
Bookstore Update and Move Schedule
The following is the schedule for the upcoming Bookstore move to the Rogalski Center:
• May 16-23: Follet's general contractor is on site to begin necessary construction and installation of fixtures. The Bookstore will begin packing merchandise in preparation of the move.
• May 23 - June 2: The existing Bookstore will be closed. If there is an emergency and a student or faculty member needs to obtain books or course related materials from the Bookstore, contact Sherry Sinnott, ext. 6336. This phone line will remain open during this time and the Bookstore staff will be available to assist.
• June 3: Opening of new Bookstore in Rogalski Center
Memorial Day Observances
In observance of Memorial Day: There will be no Mass celebrated on Sunday, May 26. On Monday, May 27, no classes will be held and offices will be closed.
Bible and Justice Conference
St. Ambrose will host a Bible and Justice Conference, Thursday-Sunday, May 30-June 2 on campus. The conference will bring together scholars, clergy, students, and advocates of justice from around the world to explore how the ancient texts of the Bible might address a variety of modern justice concerns. For registration information and a complete schedule go to Bible and Justice Conference. Contact: Matthew Coomber, ext. 6041 or Micah Kiel, ext. 6121.
Fighting Bee Golf Classic
The 19th Annual Fighting Bee Golf Classic tees off with an 11 a.m. shotgun start on Friday, May 31, at Emeis Golf Course, Davenport. The $125 per person cost covers green fees, cart for 18 holes, box lunch, beverages, dinner, and awards presentation with prizes. Special rate for St. Ambrose faculty and staff is $100. Non-golfing guests can join the dinner program at a cost of $25 per person. To register for the event contact the Alumni Office, ext. 6290. Read more at Fighting Bee Golf Classic.
Summer Youth Ministry Certificate Program
The Certificate in Youth Ministry program will offer classes on campus Thursday-Sunday, June 6 - 9 and July 11 - 14. The program trains leaders to provide a ministry education for youth ministry, campus ministry, and religious education leaders, combining resources for youth ministry theory, skills, and practice. Contact: Chris Clow, ext. 6189. To read more about the classes offered and to download an application go to Youth Ministry Studies.
Submissions for Campus Bulletin
To submit an item for possible inclusion in an upcoming Campus Bulletin, send information via email or campus mail by noon Thursday of the week prior to Darcy Duncalf in the Communications and Marketing Office. Be sure to include all relevant "what," "where," and "why" information, as well as a contact name, email address and phone number for further questions. Information may be edited for length and consistency with Campus Bulletin style. Contact: Darcy Duncalf, ext. 6295.
Meeting and Events
Tuesday: IAICU Technology Conference, 12:30 p.m., RC Ballroom
Wednesday: IAICU Technology Conference, 9 a.m., RC Ballroom
Master of Education in Teaching Information Session, 4 p.m., RC New Room
Monday: Nancy Hayes, Terri Switzer
Wednesday: Shannon Mackey, Abigail Yotty
Thursday: Gail Lawrence, Nora Riley
Saturday: Juleann Miller
Sunday: Dianne Dye, Jessica Gosnell
Subscribe to the AmbroseZine monthly eNewsletter