Nursing Education Loan Forgiveness Program
Apply today for the Iowa Student Loan Nursing Education Loan Forgiveness Program. For further information, contact:
The Iowa College Student Aid Commission
800/383-4222 or 515/242-3344
Iowa Student Loan
800/243-7552 or 515/243-5626
Download and print the application from www.iowacollegeaid.org.
There are several SAU endowed scholarships for nursing students. Check out the list here and apply online.
You may also find more information about nursing scholarships at the following sites:
- Johnson & Johnson Scholarships: www.discovernursing.com
- Genesis BSN Nursing Scholarship: www.genesishealth.com
- National Student Nurses' Association: www.nsna.org
Click on Foundation of the National Student Nurses Association, then click on FNSNA Scholarships (Awards range from $1,000 to $5,000)
- National League for Nursing: www.nln.org
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA): bhpr.hrsa.gov/nursing/loanrepay.htm
- Carver Scholars Program: www.carvertrust.org
- Iowa Hospital Education Research Foundation: 515-288-1955
Work repayment in Iowa hospitals is mandatory for one year. For application go to the website.
- Iowa Health Care Association Foundation:
Nurse Scholarship Program, Iowa Health Care Association Foundation, 950 12th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309 or 515/282-0666
- Iowa League for Nursing Scholarship: Chairperson, Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 1202, Welch P.O., Ames, Iowa 50010
- Iowa Nurses' Foundation Scholarship: www.greatnurses.org
Iowa Nurses' Foundation, 810 Walnut, Des Moines, Iowa 50309
- The Nurse Loan Repayment and Scholarship Program, administered by The Division of Nursing at HRSA, is available for registered nurses. participants must serve at a health facility in an underserved area to receive loan repayments: www.hrsa.gov/loanscholarships/repayment/nursing/
- Chi Eta Phi Sorority, Inc.
Awards $50,000 annually in scholarships at the national, regional, and local levels to minority nursing students.
- The Indian Health Service (IHS) administers: www.ihs.gov
A program to help repay undergraduate and graduate loans of health professionals in return for full-time clinical service in American Indian and Alaska Native health programs.
- The National Association of Hispanic Nurses (NAHN) awards $2,000 annually to students earning a master's degree in a maternal-child nursing program and $1,000 to student members enrolled in any level nursing program, including baccalaureate. www.thehispanicnurses.org
- The National Black Nurses Association (NBNA) offers a Student Nurse of the Year award to an NBNA member in pursuit of a baccalaureate or other advanced nursing degree. www.nbna.org
- The Oncology Nursing Society Foundation awards academic scholarships specifically for students pursuing bachelor's degrees. www.ons.org
- The International Education Financial Aid (IEFA) scholarship search is a resource for financial aid, college scholarship and grant information for international students wishing to study abroad. www.iefa.org
- MinorityNurse.com maintains a listing of scholarship and fellowship money for students pursuing undergraduate or graduate work in nursing. www.minoritynurse.com
- SallieMae grants loans and provides information about applying for and managing student loans. www.salliemae.com
- State and Federal Resources: www.idph.state.ia.us
- U.S. Department of Education is a potential source of financial aid: www.ed.gov
- Mercy Hospital Foundation: mercyic.org
Mercy Hospital, 500 East Market Street, Iowa City, Iowa 52245 or 319/339-0300. Awards up to $10,000.
- Funding Your Nursing School Education http://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/nursing-schools/scholarships-and-financial-aid/