Nursing Education Loan Forgiveness Program
Apply today for the Iowa Student Loan Nursing Education Loan Forgiveness Program. For further information, contact:
The Iowa College Student Aid Commission
800/383-4222 or 515/242-3344
Iowa Student Loan
800/243-7552 or 515/243-5626
Download and print the application from www.iowacollegeaid.org.
You may also find more information about nursing scholarships at the following sites:
- Johnson & Johnson Scholarships: www.discovernursing.com
- Genesis BSN Nursing Scholarship: www.genesishealth.com
- National Student Nurses' Association: www.nsna.org
Click on Foundation of the National Student Nurses Association, then click on FNSNA Scholarships (Awards range from $1,000 to $5,000)
- National League for Nursing: www.nln.org
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA): bhpr.hrsa.gov/nursing/loanrepay.htm
- Carver Scholars Program: www.carvertrust.org
- Iowa Hospital Education Research Foundation: 515-288-1955
Work repayment in Iowa hospitals is mandatory for one year. For application go to the website.
- Iowa Health Care Association Foundation:
Nurse Scholarship Program, Iowa Health Care Association Foundation, 950 12th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309 or 515/282-0666
- Iowa League for Nursing Scholarship: Chairperson, Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 1202, Welch P.O., Ames, Iowa 50010
- Iowa Nurses' Foundation Scholarship: www.greatnurses.org
Iowa Nurses' Foundation, 810 Walnut, Des Moines, Iowa 50309
- The Nurse Loan Repayment and Scholarship Program, administered by The Division of Nursing at HRSA, is available for registered nurses. participants must serve at a health facility in an underserved area to receive loan repayments: www.hrsa.gov/loanscholarships/repayment/nursing/
- Chi Eta Phi Sorority, Inc.
Awards $50,000 annually in scholarships at the national, regional, and local levels to minority nursing students.
- The Indian Health Service (IHS) administers: www.ihs.gov
A program to help repay undergraduate and graduate loans of health professionals in return for full-time clinical service in Indian health programs.
- The National Association of Hispanic Nurses (NAHN) awards $2,000 annually to students earning a master's degree in a maternal-child nursing program and $1,000 to student members enrolled in any level nursing program, including baccalaureate. www.thehispanicnurses.org
- The National Black Nurses Association (NBNA) offers a Student Nurse of the Year award to an NBNA member in pursuit of a baccalaureate or other advanced nursing degree. www.nbna.org
- The Oncology Nursing Society Foundation awards academic scholarships specifically for students pursuing bachelor's degrees. www.ons.org
- The International Education Financial Aid (IEFA) scholarship search is a resource for financial aid, college scholarship and grant information for international students wishing to study abroad. www.iefa.org
- MinorityNurse.com maintains a listing of scholarship and fellowship money for students pursuing undergraduate or graduate work in nursing. www.minoritynurse.com
- SallieMae grants loans and provides information about applying for and managing student loans. www.salliemae.com
- State and Federal Resources: www.idph.state.ia.us
- U.S. Department of Education is a potential source of financial aid: www.ed.gov
- Mercy Hospital Foundation: mercyic.org
Mercy Hospital, 500 East Market Street, Iowa City, Iowa 52245 or 319/339-0300. Awards up to $10,000.