Admission and Application
At Ambrose, we understand that enrolling in graduate school is an investment personally, professionally, and financially. All of us in the Doctor of Business Administration program are ready to help you through the admissions process.
A candidate for the DBA program must have completed a master’s degree from an accredited educational institution. If the master’s is in an area other than Business Administration, it may be necessary to complete relevant business coursework. Admission to the program is on a selective basis. A personal interview is required.
Admission to the SAU DBA program is made on a rolling basis; there is no deadline to apply.
The following items are needed for your application package to the DBA Program:
- Completed online DBA application.
- Written statement of career goals.
- Current résumé.
- Two letters of recommendation (preferably one from an employer and one from a professor) forwarded directly from the references to the DBA Director.
- A minimum of one and up to three sole-authored papers completed in master’s coursework (e.g., thesis, case analyses). If papers from master's degree coursework are unavailable, please contact the DBA Director to discuss options to fulfill this requirement.
- Official transcripts forwarded directly from all colleges and universities previously attended.
- For candidates whose primary language is not English, the IELTSor TOEFL score will be required.
Admission decisions will generally be made within two weeks after a candidate’s application package is complete. These decisions are made on a rolling basis. Candidates who are accepted into the DBA Program can begin coursework at the start of each term.
All materials should be submitted to:
Doctor of Business Administration Program
College of Business
St. Ambrose University
518 W. Locust Street
Davenport, Iowa 52803