Abstracts for the 2017 Institute for Person-Centered Care Conference will be accepted beginning Nov. 1, 2017. The deadline to submit is Feb. 15, 2018.
The conference is May 31-June 1, 2018 at St. Ambrose University.
Examples of Person-Centered abstracts should fall into one or more of the following categories:
• Workforce Development: Developing and educating health and human service professionals with a person-centered focus
• Health Equity: Person and family engagement within diverse care settings and for underserved populations
• Person First: Reliably addressing what matters most to people (in addition to "what's the matter") in every interaction
• Health and Community Systems: Partnership between health care systems and community organizations to improve person-centered care
• Client/Patient/Family Empowerment: Utilization of shared decision-making, motivational interviewing, health literacy, and other communication strategies to enhance person-centered care
• Practicing Interprofessional Person Centered Care: Planning for person-centered care across the continuum of health and social services
Submit your abstract online which should include: Title, Author, Work Affiliation, Presentation type (oral or poster), and abstract text. The abstract text should include no more than 400 words including Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusions.