Scholarships, Fellowships, Graduate Assistantships
At St. Ambrose University, there are several ways to help finance your graduate education: loans, assistantships, and scholarships.
To be considered for any type of financial assistance, you must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or a FAFSA renewal form. Students planning to begin studies during the summer session will need to complete a FAFSA for both the previous and current years.
Applications for all School of Social Work assistantships, scholarships, and fellowships are available for prospective and admitted School of Social Work students taking at least 9 credit hours per semester.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE EMAILED TO MSW@sau.edu NO LATER THAN APRIL 1.
The School of Social Work has seven Graduate Assistantships (GA) available per academic year.
- Reports to MSW faculty members and the Director.
- Approximately $480/month for 10 hours/week on a nine-month contract (September-May). No tuition remission.
- Must take at least nine credits/semester and not on academic probation.
To apply, send the following to MSW@sau.edu by April 15:
- Résumé that includes social work areas of interest and any prior research experiences
- Cover letter that includes the basis for interest in serving as a graduate assistant in the School of Social Work. Please explicitly state if you would like to work with specific faculty members. State what skills that you have or want to develop, time management skills, leadership abilities, and research skills and interest.
- Contact information for three personal references (with current email address and phone number) from people familiar with your employment or academic record.
Additional GA Positions
Additional GA positions are available through other SAU departments. For more information about these scholarships visit www.sau.edu/employment.
School of Social Work