Scholarships, Fellowships, Graduate Assistantships
At St. Ambrose University, there are several ways to help finance your graduate education: loans, assistantships, and scholarships.
To be considered for any type of financial assistance, you must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or a FAFSA renewal form. Students planning to begin studies during the summer session will need to complete a FAFSA for both the previous and current years.
Applications for all School of Social Work assistantships, scholarships, and fellowships are available for prospective and admitted School of Social Work students taking at least 9 credit hours per semester.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST SUBMITTED NO LATER THAN APRIL 15.
The School of Social Work has three Graduate Assistantships (GA) available per academic year.
- Must be an admitted MSW student to apply.
- Reports to MSW faculty members and the Director.
- Pay is $12/hour for 10 hours/week on a 10 month contract (mid-August-May). No tuition remission.
- Must take at least nine credits/semester and not on academic probation.
To apply, send the following to MSW@sau.edu by April 15:
- Résumé that includes social work areas of interest and any prior research experiences
- Cover letter that includes the basis for interest in serving as a graduate assistant in the School of Social Work. Please explicitly state if you would like to work with specific faculty members. State what skills that you have or want to develop, time management skills, leadership abilities, and research skills and interest.
- Contact information for three personal references (with current email address and phone number) from people familiar with your employment or academic record.
Additional GA Positions
Additional GA positions are available through other SAU departments. For more information about these scholarships visit www.sau.edu/employment.
School of Social Work
Chris Martin, PhD, Director
Master of Social Work
North Davenport Education Center
1950 E. 54th St.
Davenport, IA 52807