St. Ambrose University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, www.hlcommission.org.
Specialized accreditations for specific College of Health and Human Services programs include:
- Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education
- ARC-PA has granted Accreditation-Provisional status to the Physician Assistant Program.
- Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. The SAU Master of Speech-Language Pathology program is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard #310, Rockville, Maryland 20850, 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. The baccalaureate degree program in Nursing at St. Ambrose University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
- Council on Social Work Education
- Iowa Board of Nursing
- Iowa Department of Education
- Teacher Education Accreditation Council