IL 101 Test-Out
SAU undergraduates are typically required to pass IL 101 class or pass the IL 101 Test-Out in order to graduate.
The next Test-Out dates will be announced in August 2023. Students will receive information and the sign-up link via email.
All undergraduates at St. Ambrose University are required to take the Information Literacy 101 class for one hour of credit.
All transfer students also are required to take the one-hour credit course unless they have taken a similar course at another institution and credit is indicated on their transcripts.
- There are two parts of the Test-Out. You must pass both parts with a score of 70% or better. Both parts are taken in Blackboard.
- Part One is multiple choice
- Part Two is short answer
- Your results are mailed to the address provided on the test waiver filled out at the start the test.
- A useful book for preparation is: The College Student's Research Companion by A. R. Quaratiello
- You are ineligible to take the IL 101 Test-Out if:
- You have previously taken the IL 101 Test-Out
- You are currently enrolled in BEE 100 or a Learning Community that includes IL 101
- You have previous enrolled in IL 101 and either withdrew or failed the course.
- Passing the IL 101 Test-Out grants a waiver for the graduation requirement; however, it does not grant credit toward graduation.
- Information organization and formats
- Search strategies and techniques
- Evaluating Sources
The examination is in the Library's Instruction Area on the first floor. Bring a pencil, pen, eraser, and either your student BeeCard or a driver's license.