You must possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university before beginning the program. If your undergraduate major wasn't accounting, you will need to satisfy prerequisites (see below) prior to applying.
Students are admitted to the program in fall, spring, and summer sessions.
Unless your undergraduate GPA was at least 3.5 (overall and in accounting courses), you must submit an official GMAT score. No GMAT score older than five years is accepted.
- Complete the online application to apply to the graduate school.
- Send all official undergraduate and graduate transcripts. These must be sent directly to the College of Business at St. Ambrose University, 518 W. Locust Street, Davenport, Iowa 52803.
- Send your Official Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score*, if completed. Students are not required to take the GMAT before entering the program, although students will not be allowed to register for more than two courses or for a second semester until the official GMAT score is received. Prior to taking the GMAT, students are accepted on a provisional basis.
*Students who have an overall GPA of 3.5 and a 3.5 GPA in accounting classes are not required to take the GMAT test. Applicants who are non-accounting majors must take all prerequisites before applying the above policy
The equivalent of an undergraduate degree in accounting from an accredited institution will meet the prerequisite requirement for the MAcc Program.
The prerequisites for other undergraduate degrees include:
- 24 credits of accounting
- 6 credits of economics
- 9 credits of business (consisting of 3 credits each of business law, business statistics, and business elective.
- 3 credits of college mathematics (meet by taking STBE 137, college algebra or higher, or another math class approved by the program director)
As soon as the student satisfies prerequisites for a MAcc course, a candidate may enroll in a MAcc course.